Saturday 28th September 2019, 10am to 4pm at The David Silver Honda Collection museum, Leiston Suffolk
Following the great success of our 2018 CB750 event, we will celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the start of the Honda SOHC 4-cylinder models in 1969, with a special event to be held at our Honda museum on Saturday 28th September 2019. Having first gone on sale in 1969 with the original CB750, Honda went on to produce a series of many other iconic models based on the same SOHC engine concept and this event will celebrate 50 great years of all Honda SOHC 4-cylinder models.
The FREE admission event is open to all enthusiasts and for those with an eligible Honda model, a contest will be held to find the ‘Best-in-Class’ across 10 different categories. The special day will feature the following:
• Unique display of an expected 100 plus Honda SOHC Four’s from 1969 to 1982!
• Judging & Awards Ceremony with 10 different sponsored ‘Best in Class’ awards.
• LIVE 1970s style rock music
• Open to all ‘Honda History Quiz’ – with a top prize!
• FREE entry to the event with free car & motorcycle parking.
• FREE admission to our museum with c.200 pre-1992 Honda’s on display!
• Hot/Cold food & drink refreshments available.
• Honda parts & used bike sales counter open.
• Facilities including disabled access to the museum.
Eligible Honda models for the special display and contest element include the following
1969-1982 SOHC Fours:
• CB350F Four
• CB400F Four
• CB500 Four
• CB550 Four (K & F models)
• CB650 Four (Z, SC & Custom)
• CB750 Four (K & F models)*
…plus custom and race examples of the above as well as CB750 Phil Read & CB750SS Replicas.
If you have an eligible Honda model you would like to display and enter into the contest, please complete and return the enclosed entry form. Entries close on the 31st August 2019.
To commemorate this special occasion, David Silver’s aim is to attract as many SOHC Honda Fours as possible (…with a working target of 100!) to the one special day and celebrate the 50th Anniversary in great style!
The David Silver Honda Collection museum will be open with FREE entry on the day. The c.200 classic Honda motorcycle collection museum features many of the SOHC 4-cylinder Honda’s including: the CB350F; CB400F; CB500; CB550; CB750 (Sandcast); CB750-K1, K2, K6, K7 plus CB750A Hondamatic; CB750-F1; CB750-F2 and Phil Read & CB750SS Replicas.
Owners are welcome, and encouraged, to ride their Honda Four to the event or if travelling from far, bring by transport.
The contest will be judged by an expert team with 10 Best-in-Class awards to be presented on the day, in the following categories:
1. The Best in Class CB350F
2. The Best in Class CB400F
3. The Best in Class CB500/550
4. The Best in Class CB650
5. The Best in Class CB750-K
6. The Best in Class CB750-F
7. The Best Customised Honda (based on any of the above models)
8. The Furthest Travelled Honda SOHC Four (ridden to the event!)
9. The Highest Mileage Honda SOHC Four
10. The Judges Favourite Honda SOHC Four.
How to Enter the Contest? Just complete the Entry Form and return to us via post or email. We will acknowledge your entry and send you further details via email. Entries close 31st August.